Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

It has been a wonderful Easter for us.  It is a long weekend for all of us; the girls had Friday and Monday off and Chris has Monday off as well.  Monday is called the 2nd Easter.  I never knew this existed...What are we celebrating??  I'm not sure and the few Dutch I have asked really have no idea either.  Just an extra day to eat jelly beans and eggs, I guess.  The weekend has been a mix of rain, sun, and hail, so we pulled out a new Disney princess puzzle yesterday.  It is 1000 pieces and quite a challenge, but Chris and I are up for it.  At one point, the girls lost interest and Chris and I found ourselves doing the puzzle alone, while listening to Radio Disney.  Hmmm....

On to Easter. We asked the girls to stay in bed until at least 7am and Tessa had her feet on the ground at 7:01.  The Easter bunny found his way over here to Holland and brought the usual chocolate bunnies, eggs, and jelly beans. The girls had fun searching for the 50 eggs that Chris and I hid and then eating way too much chocolate and sugar before 8am.  After breakfast we went to our church, for which we are so thankful.

Before moving here, I wasn't sure that we would find a church, but we have: Crossroads.  It is a church of about 1200 people from all different countries, including many from Holland.  The 3 services are all in English, with an occasionaly Dutch song or phrase.  The worship is contempory and there are several pastors that share in the preaching.  Crossroads meets at a college and it makes us laugh that there is a disco ball hanging right above the stage.  How many of you can say that about your church?  Chris and I have not gotten involved in any classes or Bible studies, but not for lack of trying.  I think God is leading us in a different direction over here.

We sang a song in church this morning that had the phrase 'the Darling of Heaven was crucified.'  I am amazed when I think of the sacrifice Jesus made for us by dying on the cross, so that all of our sins could be forgiven.  We just need to put our trust in Him.   Nothing more than simple belief. 

May you and your families have a blessed Easter, and 2nd Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment