Monday, September 20, 2010

Getting Settled Back in Holland

What a wonderful summer we had back in the US!   As enjoyable it was, we were ready to come back to our home in Holland in August. We were quickly reminded that we were not in the States anymore as we tried to find room for all the things we brought back in our suitcases, packed away our shorts and flip-flops, and found ourselves wide awake at 4am!  It was wonderful to have friends visit us from MN the first weekend we were back. We had fun showing them our life here and the beauty of Amsterdam. Every time I'm in the city, I'm reminded how pretty it is in the heart of the Amsterdam. 

 

Not all Dutch houses have cows on the patios...

About 1 car a week ends up in the Amsterdam canals
 
First day of school






Allie and Tessa are happy to be back in school and playing with their friends. They are taking tennis afterschool, along with piano and gymnastics.  I'm amazed at how easily they adapt and get right back into life here.  We were able to sneak in one last day at the beach and again, were quickly reminded we were in Europe now...waves rolling in, herring carts driving up and down the beach, and the swimsuits are optional memo...Chris and I have adjusted back into life here too.  We are having fun mapping out our trips for the year.  Traveling is what keeps us living over here...oh yah, and a job.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment