Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Pizza Anyone?

Food shopping has been very enlightening. You have to put a euro into the cart to unlock it from the corral (it's refunded when you return it) and you have to bring your own bags. I have forgotten this on numerous occasions and done a juggling act to my car with my groceries. I should bring a dictionary with me to the store so I can figure out what things are, but instead, I end up with the same groceries every time. Mainly things that I know what they are: chicken, burger, fruits, veggies, bread, and wine.

I usually buy something new. Sometimes it's a winner (cookies and breads) and sometimes I have to put it on the stay clear of list (Dutch syrup, some cheese, and juices.) I just found crescent rolls yesterday and Allie is thrilled at the thought of having Crescent Chicken this weekend. I try to go to the Friday outdoor market for my fruit, veggies, and bread. I ventured out and bought cheese there last week. I don't know that I am ready to try the fish heads, octopus and other ocean inhabitants that are available.

The pizza Allie is holding made us laugh. First and foremost, this pizza is called 'Big Americans'...and I still bought it. In the corner it says 'Pizza Texas,' I guess because everything is big in Texas. :) As I went to bake it, I flipped over the box to read the instructions and the instructions were translated into 10, yes, 10 languages--not one of them was English!!! Big Americans pizza, no American's directions.

So, I was talking with a friend from back home at the time and she said, "Just set the oven to 400 and bake it for 15min." That would be great if I had a 400 on my oven. (I have since bought a dual temperature oven thermometer.) You'll be happy to know that the pizza came out okay and we haven't gotten any bigger, yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment